Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, an international upscale hotel management company with over 16’000 staff members, is represented in 24 countries with 72 hotels and resorts currently in operation. Focusing on expansion in its core markets of Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts specialises in business and conference hotels, as well as holiday resorts, all reflecting a sense of place and respect for their local communities. Of Swiss heritage and headquartered in Zurich, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts is passionate about delivering premium service, culinary enjoyment and sustainable environments – all with a personal touch.
Mövenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu offers contemporary style with a fun and fresh appeal for both leisure and business travellers.
Guests will be captivated by the stylish and sensual atmosphere of this five-star beach-front hotel. The hotel evokes romance and tranquillity with its elegant accommodation, lush tropical gardens and fabulous restaurants showcasing stunning ocean views.
Nestled on the shores of Mactan Island, the hotel is ideal for guests who enjoy being surrounded by a tropical beach scene as well as an exciting nightlife.
Department/Division: Engineering and Maintenance
Required Experience: 3-5 Years
Salary Range: 45,001 to 60,000
Employment Type: Full-Time
No. of Vacancy: 1
Entry Date: Mar 18, 2015
Expiry Date: Dec 31, 2020
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English is a must.
- Successful engineering management experience in a hotel and/or resort environment
- Displays a high standard of excellence in the overall daily engineering operations
- Customer service savvy
- Proven team building skills
- Proficiency in planning, organizing, scheduling, maintaining budget standards, conducting inventories, and placing purchase orders
- Resourceful in recruiting & training of staff
- With engineering experience in hotel environments preferred obtainment of any licenses or certificates as required by law is required.
Key duties will include, but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for: maintaining the entire hotel facility including physical building structure all mechanical, electrical, systems and related equipment.
- Ensures the upkeep of guest areas and maintains an attractive hotel.
- Manages all rehabilitation, expansion and special projects.
- Leads hotel renovations and other projects, negotiates contracts and ensures timely completion of projects within budget.
- Performs preventive and regular maintenance and repairs to all areas of the hotel.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized maintenance work area and for the security of hotel inventory and assets such as tools, supplies, furniture, fixtures and equipment.
- Prepares annual departmental operating budget and financial plans.
- Monitors budget and controls expenses with a focus on energy management, preventive maintenance and capital planning.
- Manages day-to-day staffing requirements, plans and assigns work and establishes performance and development goals for employees. Provides mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve employee performance.
- Trains staff in compliance with governmental and safety regulations.
- Ensures staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Promotes teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Communicates with all hotel department heads to stay informed of maintenance needs and ensure timely responses to requests.
- Understands and responds to customers’ needs and ensures a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Carries out preventive maintenance program to ensure facility is maintained and in service for our guests (example: lighting, refrigeration, heating, air-conditioning, water treatment systems and pools).
- Maintains and orders parts and supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste and maintaining “green” initiatives.
Highly Recommended: Please submit your resume and apply using this website.